The National Quality Framework (NQF)
Our Current Rating - Exceeding NQS (PPPS NQS)
On January 1st, 2012, the National Quality Framework was established across Australia and applies to most long day care centres, family day care, preschool (or kindergartens) and outside school hours care services. Requirements such as staff qualifications, educator-to-child ratios and other key staffing arrangements are being phased in between 2012 an 2020.
The National Quality Framework aims to raise quality and drive continuous improvement and consistency in education and care services through:
- A national legislative framework (including laws and regulations)
- A National Quality Standard (NQS)
- A national quality rating and assessment process
- A national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- A new national body called the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
The National Quality Standard (NQS) is the benchmark document we use to ensure we meet our regulations and strive for quality of service. It is divided into seven areas, and our assessment will be based on our practices and progress in these. Please find a summary copy of the National Quality Standards here.
The seven areas are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children's health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
Our Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) sets out the ways we are working on improving our service in the above 7 areas. There is a copy in the foyer for parents to read....we'd love your feedback/comments/constructive criticism on any of the areas.
For more information on the National Quality Standards, please visit https://www.acecqa.gov.au/